Monday, May 10, 2010

Dr Bronner's Part 2

So on the front of every bottle of Dr. Bronner's soaps it says 18-in-1, right? Right. A lot of those uses are personal, ie shampoo, body wash, toothpaste. I find Dr. Bronner's really shine with household uses. According to their website, here's the original list of uses:

Dr. Bronner's version:
  1. Always dilute for Shave-Shampoo-Massage-Dental Soap-Bath!
  2. Peppermint is nature's own unsurpassed fragrant Deodorant!
  3. A drop is best Mint Toothpaste; brushes Dentures Clean!
  4. A dash in water is the ideal Breath Freshener & Mouth Wash!
  5. Peppermint Oil Soap for Dispensers, Uniforms, Baby, Beach!
  6. Dilute for ideal After Shave, Body Rub, Foot Bath, Douche.
  7. Hot Towel-Massage the entire body, always towards your heart.
  8. Pets, silk, wool & body tingles head to toe - keeps cool!
  9. 3 dashes in water rinse most Sprays Off fruit & vegetables!
  10. 1/4 oz in qt H2O is Pest Spray! Dash, no rash Diaper-Soap!


And a ton of those uses are great, but I have my own notes and observations on a lot of these uses.
  1. I've used this as a shaving soap, and it as well as any other soap.
  2. Not sure if I should be rubbing it on my pits or what, but I've found that the peppermint is fragrant but not overpowering.
  3. I've tried a drop of peppermint soap on my toothbrush, and its incredibly soapy. It'll do in a pinch, but its like having a bar of soap in your mouth.
  4. I would use their soap for all these uses, but on a baby I would make sure to dilute more than usual for their delicate skin.
  5. Douching is all around wrong. Don't do it.
  6. Intend to try this out as a massage.
  7. Would make sure that the essential oil in the soap won't affect the pets, however, I'd try the baby version to be on the safe side.
  8. Make sure to rinse very well.
  9. Soap and water in a spray bottle: great spray for pants. Damn the aphids!


I suppose that, compared to chemical based cleaners, Dr. Bronner's won't work as well, but I don't want to need to wear rubber gloves to clean my bath tub, and I don't want to need to keep the window open to keep from breathing in fumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment