Friday, August 07, 2009

Catnip gets Attacked


I have most of my potted plants on a small table in front of my kitchen window. It was starting to get crowded so I moved a few plants around. And took a pot of catnip outside to sit on my porch. In retrospect, I probably should have remembered about the stray cats that wander around this neighborhood, either way, my catnip had been getting more and more beaten up for a few days, and I wasn't sure why or how.
That is, until Richard and I got home late one night and saw a shadow run across the porch and jump down off the porch. At first I thought it was a raccoon, then Richard and I saw the outline of a cat, and in whatever light the moon was giving, we could both tell it was a grey cat.
Since then I've seen the cat once again, hanging out in the daytime near our fence. I'm not sure how I should feel about this cat. If it is a stray, and is tame, I would like to catch it and take it to the vet, to get fixed and whatnot, but I don't want to take a chance that this cat belongs to someone.

At the very least, the scent of a cat on my porch has been keep small woodland creatures away. Fuck you, squirrels, there's a cat here now hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment